Looking for participants who identify as Muslim to explore experiences of Mindfulness

Looking for participants who identify as Muslim to explore experiences of Mindfulness

by Joelle Morgan -
Number of replies: 0

"My name is Nesrine and I am recruiting for my doctoral research project, which aims to explore experiences of Mindfulness, for people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, who identify as Muslim. You can take part in this study if you identify as a BAME Muslim adult who has completed a mindfulness program in the UK (including but not limited to MBCT, MBSR, breathworks). Participation will involve taking part in a one-off interview via zoom or telephone. You might be asked to talk about your experiences of mindfulness, as well as how you feel mindfulness fits or doesn’t fit with your religious beliefs or cultural experiences. There is currently little research on how Mindfulness is experienced by this community, and previous studies have highlighted the need for research with this population to be carried out. Please get in touch by email (Sn20287@essex.ac.uk) if you are unsure about whether you meet the requirements or would like more information on taking part."