- The Mindfulness Network Community Friends Committee -
Created in 2021, the MNCF is the voluntary wing of the Mindfulness Network. It is an initiative to engage the wider mindfulness community and reach new audiences through free and donation-based events and opportunities to practice. Led by a Committee of dedicated Volunteers, and supported by the Mindfulness Network, we work together to offer day, evening, weekend sessions and events including (for those who are new to and familiar with mindfulness) specialized groups such as the MGM men's group, practice sessions in English and Mandarin, online silent retreats, opportunities for teachers in training to practice teaching, and developments at the Mindfulness Network and Bangor University.
>> Meet the Committee
- Weekly online guided mindfulness or compassion practice sessions on a Friday morning at 8.15am. These sessions are suitable for all.
- Weekly practice sessions in Mandarin 每周普通話修習時間. For Mandarin speakers 適合普通話人群
- Fortnightly sessions for practitioners to connect and practice on a Tuesday at 12.30 pm These drop in sessions are suitable for those that have taken an 8-week mindfulness-based course, mindfulness trainees and teachers.
- Monthly Mindfulness for Men Group (MGM) on 3rd Saturday of every month at 11 am. Open to both men who are completely new to mindfulness and to those with experience
- Monthly peer group teaching workshops on the 1st Saturday of every month. These workshops are suitable for mindfulness-based teachers and trainees.
- Online Silent Retreat Days and Donation Events: Special talks, sessions and training offered freely from our network of experienced trainers, supervisors, retreat leads, compassion-based teachers and collaborating teachers.
- Other special interest groups, such as Shibashi Movement
- Forums and an online space to engage with like-minded people (a log-in is required to post).
- Free audio meditations and video recordings of mindfulness/compassion events.
- We welcome thoughts, feedback and suggestions for how MNCF can support you.
These sessions are completely free and open to all. If you would like to make a donation, no matter how small, this would be gratefully received so that we can continue offering practice opportunities for the mindfulness community and help fund our bursaries, which will make a big difference in making mindfulness-based approaches more accessible to people from all backgrounds and locations. Please visit our donations page https://home.mindfulness-network.org/donate/
The Mindfulness Network and its volunteers take every care in their preparation of events to make sure they are appropriate for the audience. Please be aware that you are choosing to participate in our freely offered events at your own risk. We invite you to carefully consider your own personal circumstances and experience when joining these events. The Mindfulness Network Terms and Conditions apply (though payment and cancellation policies are not relevant for freely offered Events) and the Mindfulness Network can not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage, suffered during or in relation to the event, however this may be caused.
If you are an experienced Mindfulness-Based trainer, supervisor, or teacher and would like to volunteer to join the committee, run group practice sessions, or offer to support sessions and events please send an email to email@example.com.
We also welcome Mindfulness-Based teachers in training and experienced practitioners who would like to volunteer for behind-the-scenes support for online zoom sessions, and other administrative functions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an informal chat. We look forward to hearing from you!