裝載中
Click if page fails to load
  • Journeys with Mindfulness - a research piece on the lived experience of mindfulness

Dr Chloe Asker presents their doctoral thesis 'Journeys with Mindfulness- a research piece on the lived experience of mindfulness'  exploring the conception,  and development of the project and co-production of the the resulting zine. The zine 'Journeys with Mindfulness' is a creative output from Chloe's doctoral research, which explored the therapeutic cultures and experiences of mindfulness and meditation. The zine contains six stories from participants about their journeys and experiences with mindfulness. These experiences demonstrate the ways in which mindfulness becomes integrated into the everyday lives of people who practice it, shaping their ways of being in the world and subsequently transforming their lives. Chloe explains: "I wanted to share these stories more widely, and as I grew increasingly frustrated with the bulky and dense format of a doctoral thesis, I sought to create a creative, impactful output from the research that would be short, accessible, enjoyable to read, interactive, and easy to disseminate." 

Rebecca Crane, Director of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University, whose work inspired Chloe, introduces the session.

This event is offered in collaboration with the Mindfulness Network Community Friends (MNCF) - an initiative to engage the wider mindfulness community and reach new audiences. Led by a Committee of Volunteers, supported by the Mindfulness Network, we work together to run a programme of donation-based events and inspiring content. The Committee ensures that the MNCF can best serve everyone by providing opportunities to practice and learn together. 

The workshop is free to watch. The Mindfulness Network welcomes any donations via our website and encourages you to consider a contribution, large or small, which will make a big difference in helping us widen access to mindfulness-based approaches.